How does Acne Start?
To understand what path to undertake, in order learn how to get rid of acne, we need to talk about what causes Acne.
Acne in most people; usually begins at puberty but it is not just confined to the young. Some people suffer Acne well into their forties and beyond. This is not as common but still very possible.
Our body naturally produces hormones that are known as androgens. Androgens make the sebaceous glands enlarged and become over stimulated. Because of the extra sebum or oil that is produced, the sebaceous glands get clogged with dead skin cells along with bacteria on the surface which is known as blocked pores. The bacteria, starts to multiply inside the blocked pores and then this is what causes pustules, pimples and spots that we know as acne.
Unfortunately some people not only contend with the acne, but sometimes scars are left on the skin as a result and of course everyday reminder if the problem has not received treatment in time.
There is no one cause of acne, but there are a number of things that have been associated with suffering acne;
- It is much more likely that if you had family members who suffered acne during their life than you may as well.
- Sometimes different medications can also cause acne to get worse.
- If you use an oil based make-up including some foundations etc. these can also clog the pores of the skin.
- Some cleansers or toners will dry the skin and this can result in the body trying to protect itself by over producing sebum which will result in more spots.
- It can be difficult to resist the temptation, but trying to pick at pimples or blackheads can play a role in spreading infection. Picking can also result in scarring that can be permanent scarring.
Acne is not contagious so it cannot be spread from person to person. It is also not problem that results from unhygienic conditions. Diet is not the cause of acne but it is necessary to drink an appropriate amount of water, try to exercise and have restful sleep to help the body. Also eating lots of vegetables and fruit would be extremely beneficial.
Usually people grow out of suffering acne leading in their late twenties as with age the skin is perhaps less greasy as it once was. It is rare for a person to go through life without having a single pimple. The good news is there are some very effective treatments available, both natural and prescription, but if you seek the advice of a doctor or skin specialist you will find a solution on how to get rid of acne that suits your individual problem.
Disclaimer: The comments are illustrative and may not be the results that you achieve with this product. This page receives compensation for purchase of products featured on this site. This article makes no guarantee of results.